About our shops
The Prince of Wales Hospice has 13 charity shops throughout the Five Towns area; one of these is a furniture shop. The shops sell a wide range of good quality everyday wares, as well as unique and unusual items. Every item has been very carefully chosen and inspected, ensuring only the best quality goods are offered for sale.
A small range of new goods is also available in our shops – giftware, jewellery and seasonal items such as Christmas cards to enhance the retail offer to our customers.
Why not visit one of our shops very soon, and bag yourself a bargain!
Please remember the Prince of Wales Hospice shops are always in need of donations of your unwanted items, and depend on your generosity and support.......thank you so much for your help.
An average bag of good quality donations can be worth as much as £30 to us.
£30 could pay for a home visit to a bereaved relative who doesn’t have family support
If you would like to donate your unwanted items to us, simply take them to any of our shops, where they will be gratefully received. If you would like to donate furniture, or other large items, please contact our Furniture Shop on 01977 556836. They will arrange to collect your items, free of charge, at a convenient time.
What can we accept?
- Clothing – ladies, men’s and childrens
- Shoes, handbags and belts
- Household textiles – curtains, bedding, tablecloths, towels, scatter cushions, rugs
- Books, cd’s, dvd’s, computer/console games, and vinyl records
- Crockery, cutlery, ornaments, pictures and other household items
- Electrical equipment
- Toys and jigsaws
What can’t we accept?
- Safety equipment – motorcycle and bicycle helmets, children’s car seats
- Anything broken or incomplete
- Televisions, computer monitors, video players
- Gas fires or cookers
- Skate boards
- Furniture that doesn’t comply with Trading Standards Legislation (doesn’t display a label indicating compliance with the Fire & Furnishing Regs)
If in any doubt, please contact the Furniture Shop on 01977 556836, or your local Prince of Wales Hospice shop, who will be pleased to advise you.